Copyright (C) 2001-2010 by Tomo.M.
- Srelay is a socks 4/5 protocol proxy server.
- Supports socks connect/bind request in the protocol v4, v4a, and v5.
- Supports socks server chaining with both v4 and v5 servers.
- Supports Username/Password authentication in v5 (not recommended).
- Testing on FreeBSD 8.1R, Solaris 8, 10, Linux-i386, MacOS 10.5.
- Supports IPv6 as well as IPv4.
- Srelay is Free.
- You can get the top of current development snap-shot with cvs.
$ cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/socks-relay login
$ cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/socks-relay co srelay
- If you have already check-out'ed previous snaps,
$ cd srelay
$ cvs update -d -P
- If you would like to get Released (tagged) version, (e.g. version 0.4.7)
$ cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/socks-relay \
export -r Release_0_4_7 -d srelay-0.4.7 srelay
- [HISTORICAL]SOCKS protocol and related infos by NEC.(dead link)
(If they had been offering free licensing to their "Socks reference imprementation", this 'srelay' could never appeared. THANKS, NEC folks.)
They have been fading-out NEC-> Permeo Tech. -> BlueCoat
- [HISTORICAL]Free client dll's for Windoze(NT/2000, 95/98) by Hummingbird(You are GREAT!).
(Now they have been changed to Open Text, and their socks client(called OpenText SOCKS Client) is no longer Free. not great)
- Norwegian consulting company develops a Free Socks Inplementation, called Dante.
(These document links do not assure the compliancy of this software. Yeah, indeed.)
- SOCKS Protocol Version 4 socks 4
- SOCKS Protocol Version 4A socks 4a
- SOCKS Protocol Version 5 RFC 1928
- Username/Password Authentication for SOCKS V5 RFC 1929