- Srelay is a socks 4/5 protocol proxy server.
- Supports socks connect/bind request in the protocol v4, v4a, and v5.
- Supports socks server chaining with both v4 and v5 servers.
- Supports Username/Password authentication in v5 (not recommended).
- Testing on Linux-x86_64, macos 10.7-10.12, FreeBSD 10.1-11.1
- Supports IPv6 as well as IPv4.
- Srelay is Free.
- You can download latest from here ->
- Other files here.
- Sourceforge Git Repo
git clone https://git.code.sf.net/p/socks-relay/srelay socks-relay-srelayor
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/socks-relay/srelay socks-relay-srelay
- You can get the top of current development snap-shot with cvs.
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/socks-relay login
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/socks-relay co srelay
- If you have already check-out'ed previous snaps,
cvs update -d -P
- If you would like to get Released (tagged) version, (e.g. version 0.4.8)
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/socks-relay \ export -r Release_0_4_8 -d srelay-0.4.8 srelay
- srelay is a simple service(daemon) program, and at minimun, no config file needed. start with
./srelayruns into background and serves 1080/tcp SOCKS protocol version 5 server.
- Config Sample: basic config
- List: socks-relay-info
- [HISTORICAL]SOCKS protocol and related infos by NEC.(dead link)
(If they had been offering free licensing to their "Socks reference imprementation", this 'srelay' might never have been appeared. THANKS, NEC folks.)
They have been fading-out NEC-> Permeo Tech. -> BlueCoat
- [HISTORICAL]Free client dll's for Windoze(NT/2000, 95/98) by Hummingbird(You are GREAT!).
(Now they have been changed to Open Text, and their socks client(called OpenText SOCKS Client) is no longer Free. not great)
- Norwegian consulting company develops a Free Socks Inplementation, called Dante.